Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Hopes and Dreams....

If you read Proverbs 31, you will see that the "virtuous woman" did many things to earn money from home.  It is my desire to train my daughters to be stay-at-home moms that know how to help with the family finances!  Not only that, but it's a great way to train them to make, save and be responsible with their very own money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skin is your biggest organ and should be cared for just like all of your other organs.  A good rule when caring for your skin is: never put anything on your skin that you wouldn't put in your month. Obviously we don't eat soap, but we can use soap that is made from natural, organic ingredients that are good for our skin. 

Natural, organic lip balm was our first idea.  My oldest is super excited about this particular part of our new business!  We will be working together, but she will be "heading it up".  You can click the "Lexxi's Lip Balm" tab for more information.

Our second idea was sugar scrub.  We use natural, semi organic ingredients for this too.  We have already started selling these and so, far it has been successful!  We are very excited.  We currently have 2 scents for you to chose from: Pumpkin Spice & Morning Bliss {smells like a cup of morning coffee}.  We have plans for several more scents as well.  You can read more information under the "Body Scrub" tab.

Homemade Vanilla Extract was an idea that I have had in the back of my mind for the past couple of years, but I was not able to make it because we don't allow alcohol in our home.  I prayed about it, and found a recipe for Alcohol Free Homemade Vanilla Extract!  I'm very excited about it and we will be bring it to you as soon as we can.

Plans are also under way to start selling natural, organic soaps!   I am especially excited about this because I like to use them.  I've seen dramatic improvement in my skin since I started using only organic soaps and natural cleansers for our clothing as well.

If you are interested in helping us start our new business, have any questions or would like to place an order you can email me at searching4hiddentreasures@gmail.com

We are new at this, so prices {and other things too!} are subject to change.  I've always tried to find the best deals when shopping for things we need.  I hope to be able to offer YOU the best deals out there!

4 comments:

  1. This was great! So fabulous to get your girls involved! Will definitely purchase some things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! What will you charge for shipping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid to charge too much {because I HATE to pay shipping}, but I'm also afraid if I don't charge enough I'll get stuck with it myself...and our prices are already low enough that I'm not making a huge profit as it is...so...obviously it will depend on how big the order is, but for a single sugar scrub it would be around $5 I think.

    ReplyDelete